Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It was TRAP me night at Dave's....

but fortunately, it didn't work out every time! LOL. Full table most of the night AND a couple of new guys that seemed determined to donkey off all their chips. One of them accidentally stumbled into a very good play and it startled both of us! LOL. At any rate, a couple of hands that turned out to be monsters.

Two different times playing NO LIMIT Omaha-8, I had AA and flopped top set with no flush or straight on the board. Both times I had people go all in in front of me.... got to love it. In both instances, they had smaller sets and were drawing to a one outer. You got to love it.

But I did get sucked out on a couple of times including by the new comer who hit a gut shot straight against my trip Aces. As it grew late, I caught a couple of hands that righted the ship. Once in hold 'em, I had AKos and Jeff raised pre-flop to $8 in $2-$4 no limit. As always, there were several callers and the flop was Kh, Qd, Jd. I bet $29 and there were a couple of callers. Dave called and Dean moved all in for another $16. The turn was a 7d and Dave bet $50 at which point I pushed all in for another $350. He called and the river was a 10c. I took Dave's $350 and Dean and I chopped the main pot as he had an Ace as well.

I cashed out up about $300..... not fantastic but considering I was in for about $600 at one point, I was happy with it!

No comments: