Friday, December 21, 2007

All In!!

That phrase was said at least once every 3 hands. That is no, and I mean no exaggeration. I witness the sickest NL game in history last night/ this morning and there are far too many hands to go through. I played great. I mean I was so focused, patient and on my game like never before....but I still got busted. The game was the loosest that it has ever been with some massive stacks for a 1/2 game. I mean massive. The average pot was $400-$600 and the smallest pot for the entire 9 hours I was there was $80 with about 5th or 6th pot was at least a thousand dollars...for a freaking 1/2 game! The sharks come from all over to play just because of one player, HG. I think he just read Super System where Brunson talks about putting pressure on other players and bullying them around. He took that advice to heart. If he had any pair or any runner runner draw, he went all in. The worst part is that he hit a streak where he won just about everyone on the river. His stack was absolutely massive. If he had a pair verses someone's two pair, either he would pair his hole card or the board would pair giving him a miracle higher two pair. My big hand against him was extremely sick. I had played great. I mean I was at the top of my game. I had worked my way up to $800 over the first couple of hours after buying in for $200 so I was feeling good. The standard raise was up to $20 preflop on every hand for HG and there was a few players in so I was in a good spot to call with 8h 4h. The flop came Jd 4d 4c. Perfect! I led out betting $60 and Frank raised $100 when, like clockwork, HG said ALL IN! He by far had us both covered and I insta-called. Frank thought about it for a little bit which was great since he didn't have Js full so I figured he had the flush draw. Frank finally folds and HG turns of 4s 2d....$20 preflop with 42 offsuite, typical HG style. The turn comes a 9d which gives him a flush draw and what comes on the river..... 7d. How much bad luck can I have? The worst part is that he should no class about winning the pot and just how lucky his was. Losing is one thing but losing to someone who acts like they played the hand great and "deserved" the win is useless to me. They worst part is that he ended up losing it all back and much, much more before we had to cut the game off at 6:30 this morning. I rebought in but with such a small chip stake vs the massive stacks around the table, it was a wasted effort and HG ended up putting the final nail in my night when I hit a Q on the flop for top pair vs his 5 for a bottom pair, I'm all in and he catches a 3 to give him two on the river. Just sickening. Oh well. I wanted to play against him tonight b/c he is so horrible and such a luckbox. I'm just pissed that he donked it off to the two tightest players at the table who do not give any action what so ever unless they have locks on the hand.

I played great, put myself in the right spots where I a huge favorite each time but I just was lucky enough to win. Maybe next week will be better. Next year has great potential and I am really looking forward to wiping the slate clean and starting over.

Hope everyone has a good Christmas!

No comments: