Sunday, August 03, 2008

Saturday Night Juice...

Well, it was a juicy night at the Juice's Saturday.... We had two guys cash out early for a lot... did I say a lot? It was a lot -AND- there was still plenty of chips on the table. Akash made a couple of big hands right as he was cashing out... In one, the flop was 4x, 3x, 3x and I thought that I was slow-playing my 3's full of 4's boat and checked in early position and nobody raised. The turn was a King and I lead out with a $100 bet and the Juice raised it to $400. Akash raised it to $1,000 and I couldn't believe it but I folded. They got all their chips in on the river - Akash had Kings full and the Juice showed 4's full.... Wow! And that sure brought home for me that old saying about it is better to win a small pot than to lose a big one... Because if the Juice bets the flop, I insta-call and Akash -probably- goes away and the Juice ends up with a scooper. I wouldn't have definitely called and my low draw was counterfeited on the river.

I do believe that the big hand of the night came very late. There were three of us feeling froggy....

I held:











The flop was:





From early position, Bart lead out with $150 into about $200 pot. Eli quickly called and I called with top 2 and a gut shot.

The turn was pretty sweet....





Bart lead out with a $400 bet and Eli raised it to $1000. I thought for a moment about slow-playing it, but decided to hopefully push out any King with a higher boat draw... I had Bart covered and Eli had about $20-$30 more my $5200 re-raise.

Bart made a great lay-down and quickly folded his 10's full of Kings boat and Eli struggled for several minutes trying to determine if his Kings full of 6's was any good, before he made the call. The river was a brick and I scooped one of the largest pots of the night and one of the biggest for me in quite some time.

The river:





So.. let the suck outs begin!

No comments: