Friday, April 17, 2009

Starting to play again....

Well its that time of year again. The birds are chirping, the days are warmer, the sun stays out longer which means it time to stay inside and play online again...lol! I've had to take a break from playing anywhere due to personal reasons but I am ready to start playing again. During this hiatus I've been doing a ton of studying and learning about really focusing on my game and being able to hopefully become a profitable player again online. One big change from last year is that I'm going to start grinding low limit sit and go's which will hopefully be the smart way to build up my bankroll. I've joined a coaching site, Deuces Cracked which has really helped me find some leaks in my sng game and will allow me to play more tables which in turn will increase my bankroll. Also, I've also gotten my hands on a tracking program that I can break down my badugi and triple draw 2-7 hands which has been very helpful too. Plus I plan to get back to playing S8 and Razz again which I was pretty solid at and add Stud so that I can play in the weekly HORSE tournaments since the fields are so small with a top heavy payout structure.

With all of this going on, I just hope I don't push myself too soon too fast. Guess there's only one way to find out! Let's Play!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a piece of advice from someone who plays for a living. You need to focus on 1 game at a time and at 1 level. Become a winning player at 1 game over a 6 month span before you try to add another game. If I was young again I would focus on nlh and omaha high only, these are the biggest games around these days. Sngs are a good way to build a bankroll, but you basically become a robot when you play multi table low level sngs.