Thursday, June 05, 2008

Congrats SUPAPlaya

So first... A shout out to some of you I haven't seen in awhile. Found me an Omaha game in A-town, so life is good. Also heading out to the LV Jun 18-23rd. Hope to see some of you out there. Drop me a line at nathan (-dot-) shadle (@) gmail (-dot-) com

Shirk woke me about 6AM last night to tell me he busted out 18th in the $1500 Limit O8 event. I'd been following his progress on the play-by-play posts on pokernews.com
http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2008-world-series-of-poker/event-6-1500-omaha-hi-lo/payouts/

He was among the chip leaders when the event broke into the money (about 11PM EST last night if I remember correctly), and he remained there until I went to bed at about 3:00. He said he got rivered for a couple HUGE pots right before he busted just before the money started escalating quickly.

Here's his final hand, shortly after his text to me said "Time to gamble".:

John Shirk Eliminated in 18th Place ($8,300)

John Shirk had the last of his chips in the pot against Chris Falconer.

Shirk: {A-Spades} {A-Clubs} {7-Clubs} {J-Diamonds}
Falconer: {3-Clubs} {4-Spades} {A-Diamonds} {4-Diamonds}

Board: {5-Hearts} {2-Clubs} {Q-Spades} {8-Diamonds} {6-Spades}

Falconer scoops with a 6 high straight.



In any event, congrats! Was exciting to follow a good friend doing well...

2 comments:

CGator said...

Proof that with a little luck, even a donkey can make a marginal profit in two full days of poker.

Rick said...

Very nice, Shirkey. Now hurry back to Donkeyville, I've got bills to pay! :-)