Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tuesday Juice & My Biggest Hand of the Night!

The usual suspects showed up for this past Tuesday's game of $5/$10 No Limit Omaha 8.... we had Rick, Ronnie, the Juice (of course), Bill T, Bart, SuperPlaya, John M, Braxton and me. You can tell already that its going to be a night with plenty of action. If I'm not mistaken, I believe that there were 3-4 players all-in on the first or second hand. I think Bart took it down with the 6, 7, 9, J off-suit... LOL. Lots of action!

I had to leave around 8:30 to catch my son's hockey game at the Rec Zone... he plays in a house league. So of course, I dumped off my chips prior to leaving so I wouldn't slow the game down by having to cash out. Nice! I got back around 10pm and my spot was taken... damn! I had to move dead man's curve... next to Rick.

And it was crazy action for most of the night. It was pretty late when I got really lucky with a hand that would usually cost me all of my chips. I'm on the button to the left of the dealer when I spy....








As is normally the case, there's a straddle and a raise pre-flop so there's about $300 in the pot before the flop ever hits.
The flop is not perfect, but I like it -and- depending on who is playing, I may love it!





I flopped bottom set with a crappy low... yep, generally speaking this hand will usually have me re-buying within minutes. The good news is that for some unknown reason, the Juice had folded pre-flop and Bill T in early position leads out with a $50 bet. Everyone folds to Bart who smooth calls and when it gets to me.... I'm thinking my set is probably good against these two guys and my crappy low draw may even be good if the set isn't. I know that Bill T will make that bet with anything from top 2 pair to 2nd nut low draw. The problem is if the board pairs with anything other than my quad card, I'm almost drawing dead. Well, it's go time. I pump it up another $200 on top hoping that Rick folds (it would be just like him to have a set of sevens). Rick folds, SuperPlaya folds and Bill T & Bart can't get their $200 in the pot fast enough.
The turn is beautiful!





Now I've got 2nd nut low and a set.... and when both Bill T & Bart check to me, I know that I'm good. I move all-in with exactly $750. Again, they can't get their chips in fast enough. The river is somewhat of a scare card, but when neither bets, I know they missed their draws.
The river...





I turn over my bottom set and 2nd nut low and scoop a $3000plus pot.... after the rake, I cleared $12.50. Nice!
Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: