Friday, September 12, 2008

Juice-Less Tuesday... Omaha Hi-Lo No Limit

We had been playing for an hour or so and I was hovering around twice my buy-in of $500 when I get "popped" by Bill T and he scoops the entire pot. Very nice... So I'm feeling froggy and make a crazy move from early position and end up doubling up to about $800 or so.

From middle position, I call the crazy-Israeli's $30 straddle and announce if anyone re-raises I'm going all-in... sure enough, Junior pushes the straddle up to a straight $85. There are 3 callers including the Eli so when it gets to me, I did what I said I was going to do and moved all-in. I'm not in love with my cards, but I really don't think anyone else is either except for Junior and I've got his chip count eye-balled at about $350 or so and I'm willing to pull the lever on the one-armed-bandit for $350 so I push all-in for a little over $800. Everyone folds to Eli and he deliberates for a few minutes and since he is the last one to act before it gets back to me, he decides to show us his cards... Ah, 4h, As, 10... the 10 might be a little iffy... I couldn't believe he was taking that long! It was probably because he was sitting beside Bill T who just oozes game delay. At any rate, he was talking about the fact that he thought we both Junior and I had an Ace and therefore he had to get really lucky to win. However, Bill T talked him into calling. I couldn't believe it. But I shouldn't be surprised. This is not a poker room where the rules of poker are followed closely... in fact, I am not certain any of the others here even know most of the rules. LOL. If they do, they take pride in ignoring them.

When Junior turned over his cards, he had Ax, 2x, 4x, 6x...

Well, to say that I wasn't happy with Bill T would be an understatement.... You see I only had Ks, Qs, 10h, 9h and now had put about $900 or so at risk. But then it happened as only Corey & Mikey can do it.... Qd, 9s, 7h. I flopped top two with only 1 card to the low....

I saw Mikey reach for the KY Jelly and he began to lube us all up.... and then WHAM! the third Queen giving me Queens full of nines.... Junior is drawing dead and Eli is drawing to one out....

By the way, one out... I fully expected Mikey to pump it out.... but no go! And I scoop a very nice pot....

This particular game is not for everyone and I believe that on any night at any given time anyone at the table except for maybe one or two guys might put it all in the middle with absolutely nothing pre-flop with the old... 'let's see what happens' attitude.

Some of my friends (yes, Rick... I have friends)... I'm pretty certain that I have a couple of friends... ok, perhaps ONE friend, ok... you got me, I don't have any friends... but when someone I know has asked me about this game, I always tell them the good and the bad news is the same news... these guys will call you with you anything, regardless of the bet!

So, I am ready for the Saturday Juice... and let the suck-outs begin!

No comments: