Thursday, September 11, 2008

Probably My Monster for this Decade....

Tuesday Juice without the Juice.... just not the same. Although there were a few bright spots for me, the absolute monster hit between me & Big-I (sp.). Relatively new to our game but a guy who enjoys pushing the action. Once he gets in the flow of this whacked-out game of $5/$10 No Limit Omaha Hi-Lo, he generally raises every hand from practically any position to $75-$125. It can be expensive to see a lot of flops... something that everyone at this table wants to do.


In this particular hand, I've A, Q, 10, 10....














and of course, it's raised to $75 or so pre-flop and practically everyone calls.


When the flop hits, I like it.... not "love it", but like it....














And of course, Big-I fires a $150 bullet over the pot... if I remember correctly, Bill T and I call.... the turn sucks... and doesn't suck all at the same time. It pairs the board, but gives me the open-ended straight flush draw.











It checks around to me and I'm on the button so I decide to fire out at it to see where I stand. $150. 2-callers... here's where (normally Rick & Dave would re-raise me with Ah, 4c, and I would fold. Then if someone actually had a boat, they would get all of Rick's and Dave's chips. LOL.


At any rate, fortunately.... no re-raise, but I knew that someone had to have the boat or at least a Jack, maybe an over-pair hoping to spike lightning in a bottle on the river. And there's no chance of a low coming so somebody had to have something pretty good.


Speaking of lightning in a bottle! The river











The absolute perfect card! Although the Ks would have given me a better straight flush, by it being the 8 that comes... that means that if someone did check the J/9 boat on the turn, they still have the nut boat. If the old King of spades hit, they could now have third boat... although it might have hit Bill T and made Kings full....


It checks to me and I want to bet, but I really want to show my hand but I am thinking that someone has the boat so I lead out with a crappy $200 bet into this $1500ish pot. Stinky little bet as Rick would call it. Big-I raises it an additional $500. Everyone folds to me... I'm thinking "he has the big boat," he will call anything that I bet... Including his call, I have $2505 in front of me and he has me covered. I whine a little bit in honor or Rick and Dave and push all in. He stands up and says something like... "there can't be that many Jacks in the deck!" and calls.


He turns over his cards and the only ones that I remember seeing were the J/9...













Of course, Bill T and Junior say that had me pegged the whole way.... but regardless, I scoop my biggest pot of the night!


I'll blog another whacked-out hand later....


Oh... let the suck-outs begin!

No comments: