Monday, January 19, 2009

Me, Rick, SuperPlaya and the Juice!

It was a slow night with the Juice. Short table most of the night... As it is getting late, I pick up a pretty good hand except for the dangler (but it was suited). And I believe the table at this point was me on the button, Junior is the small blind, Sai is the big blind, Rick has straddled the $5/$10 blinds to $25 and then its SuperPlaya and the Juice... If Rick has anything better than quads in his hand, he'll usually bet and this hand is no different... he raises pre-flop to $75 and I believe that everyone except Junior and Sai calls this obvious bluff.


Here is the flop...














Rick is now first to act and leads out with a $100 bet.... SuperPlaya, Dave and I call.



The turn is pretty good...












Yep.. that's a pretty good card.... but while I put Rick on some sort of broadway draw and I've got plenty of outs to whatever he has... I sense he is trying to trap when he checks. Shirk and the Juice both check as well. I know... I know that if I bet here, Rick is coming over the top and although I would probably call any bet he would make, but I decide to see what the river brings too. So I check as well....



The river...












Everyone checks and I bet $175. Rick quickly folds. SP and the Juice talk about how they both know that I am bluffing, but fold as well. Not a monster pot, but I liked it.



Here's my hand...








So I flopped nut-flush draw and a gut shot straight... I turned a set of queens to go along with it and rivered the nuts. I definitely could have won more chips had I bet the turn, but my guess is that Rick turned the nuts and I would have had to put all my chips at risk to see the last card. Now if Rick bets there, there's a good chance that the Juice will call or go all in as well as he just likes to give his chips to Rick for some reason... probably sexual. That's my guess and don't ask me how, but if I bet the turn and Rick goes all in and the Juice calls, the river card would somehow have magically turned in to a brick and Rick would have scooped with broadway.
It appears to be in the stars...
Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: