Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Juice's Roll Comes to an End!

Well, at least I think so... For about the past 3 weeks, the Juice has been on a tear! And it goes something like this....
Nothing! (pre-flop)... Nothing (on the flop)... Nothing (on the turn)... Nuts! And if that isn't it, it's close! He has been hitting the draws like crazy!

Last week, in what must have been a $12K pot or so... he flops top set, Kings on a K, J, 10 (and 2 hearts) board, he makes a big bet, 2 callers and an all-in push... I am pretty certain that the other callers already had straights and one nut flush draw. The turn, the fourth King and he scoops 4 players chips in one hand! Like I said, he's been on a roll!

When we played earlier this week, it did appear that he was still riding the rush. Within an hour or so, he had quadrupled up and was the big stack at the table... and he does like to push people around with the big stack.

In this particular hand, I was the big blind in our usual game of $5/$10 No Limit Omaha 8... not a very rational game even if you're playing with rational people! Yeah, but we've got Dave, Bart, Jr. and Turley... lots of rational minds --- and then you can throw Rick in to the mix. Yep. Not rational at all. So... as the table turns Rick is on my left and calls the big blind, then there's Turley, Dave, (Bart had already vacated the next seat mumbling something about not being able to play with people who didn't care anything about money)... hmmm, I always thought that was who I wanted to have at the table, and then Jr. and then me. So every one has called and when it gets to the Juice, he raises it and makes it an even $100 to see the flop -AND- I believe that everyone called again.


My hole cards:




Dave's hole cards: (I think)







So when the flop hits, I really like it, but I KNOW that the Juice is going to bet and I almost checked, but I decided to try something different.

The flop:








I lead out with a $100 bet, Rick folds, Turley calls and the Juice raises it $100. The table folds around to me and I re-raise $200, Turley calls and Dave re-raises it $200... nice! I figured that he had the nut straight but he could just as easily have had an over pair -- LOL. When it gets back to me, Dave is mumbling about how he knows what I've got ---- yada yada yada ---- so I push all in (approximately another $1100 over Dave's $200 re-raise)... Turley folds and the Juice insta-calls. I turn over my hand and I've got him quartered.


The turn: (a brick---not something we're used to seeing at this table)







And the river tried to poke-chop me...

The river:






It took us a couple of minutes to figure out that the river had no real impact on the outcome since I was still playing to the 6 for the low which was good for the low and to quarter Dave only because I did the reraise to push out Turley who was playing 2, 5 and would have made the wheel. Thank you Turley.

Unfortunately I didn't get play much longer since I had a big day at the office the next day. I felt compelled to leave when I folded what would have been quads to a $25 straddle which turned into a $100 bet pre-flop. Dave isolated Turley heads up and pushed all-in when the flop came 9x, 9x, Jx. Yep... that was definitely the one that got away!

Oh... please don't let the suck outs begin!

No comments: