Friday, February 13, 2009

Online at Absolute

I was playing some $5/$10 Omaha 8 at Absolute and ran into a young man who liked to raise every time the action got to him... I watched him a couple of rounds and figured I would catch a decent hand and try to isolate him. And (I'm certain that Rick would probab argue with me) but I floped a monster!

Blinds are $3/$5 and I'm in early position and know that Maizito bets every time so I just call to with double suited connectors. The other players aren't blind and have picked up on M's aggression. So pre-flop there's about $90 or so in the pot.

My hand:






Maizito:








The flop:









I love this flop... it gives me an open-ended straight draw, 3rd nut flush draw and runner-runner low possibilities. So I lead out with with a $5 bet and M raises, Palos re-raises and I cap it at $20.

The turn:






Now that gives me open-ended straight draws to go along with my flush draw and an Ace gives me the wheel. So lead out with a $10 bet, its raised, re-raised and I cap it again.

The river:






The river is beautiful giving me the nut high and a decent low so I lead out with a bet and get 2 callers including M, of course.

But the good news is that, fortunately for me, I was apparently behind right up to the river when I got the nuts. Whee! And the scoop!

Let the suck outs begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. Triangle poker journal blog is very interesting game to read. Thank you for sharing such a nice game.
http://www.omahahi-lo.com/