Wednesday, July 30, 2008

OK, OK... the other Boat! Well, it was a boat in the beginning...

The Turlinator is a guy that loves to, in my opinion, overplay pocket Aces in Omaha 8. I like to get them, but I can throw them away if the flop completely misses them or I get a read on someone that they flopped a monster against them. I tell you that to tell you when I took my hand:






and this flop hit....







and the Turlinator led out with a bet of $100. I could have just as easily put him on pocket Aces as for him to have a Queen. So when I slow-played my Kings-full boat to the turn...


I was having a little trouble actually deciding on whether the Turlinator had Queens full of Aces or Aces full of Queens ESPECIALLY when he led out almost immediately with a $250 bet. Since everyone folded, I wanted to let him try to run me out... although I had pretty much already decided that if he had Aces full, he was probably going to get paid. And remember, this is Omaha 8 so even if he had the Aces full boat, there were still some suck outs to be had.... the fourth King and of course, the royal flush....
But when the river came... I was almost expecting an the case-Ace, but it was the case King.



Turlinator checks to which I determined that there would be a charge to see the quads, so I bet $500 and after a short-period of time (we watched the third Pirates of the Caribbean and the first half of Gladiator while we were waiting for him to decide), he called. I turned over the bad news and he mucked his Queens-full boat. He whimpered a little, but Rick told him that he was behind the whole way which seemed to make him feel better.
Yep.. let the suck outs begin!

No comments: