Sunday, July 13, 2008

World Series Main Event

Day 2 was VERY short. After losing three quarters of my stack on Day 1 when my pocket kings ran into aces I managed to get a few of those chips back and finished the day with 9525. With blinds of 250/500 and a 50 chip ante at the beginning of Day 2 I needed to double up a couple times quickly in order to have a chance of surviving Day 2. My prayers seemed to have been answered when I picked up pocket aces on the very first hand of the day. Unfortunately my opponent in the hand had pocket kings and hit his two outer on the flop to finish me off. Sometimes that's just the way things go. I managed to lose with pocket queens once, kings twice, and aces once. Tough to beat over six thousand players at that rate. If the third times a charm then maybe next year will be my time.

No comments: