Sunday, November 02, 2008

Big Hand with Bart...

It was a really good night for me last night at the Juice's game even though the Juice wasn't there... How does that happen? He came in for a couple of minutes last night and announced that he was going out of town today to which I responded so "you're trying to save some money since you're traveling and you're not going to play, is that it?"

At any rate, we had an action table so I didn't mind as much... tonight's case includes me in seat #1 and the following folks around the table, Rick, Bart, Elvie, Akash, Junior and Eli. I think that everyone was there for the long haul. Bart was the first one to leave and he didn't leave till around 3 or so... I went down early when I made a pot sized bet after flopping top set (jacks) only to have Rick run me down with a big wrap and a flush draw.

I had 2 really big hands last night, the first one again Bart. I know this is one of my many poker short-comings but if a guy pisses me off once or twice, it is likely I'll call his big bet when I'm just drawing. Rick has known this all along and thoroughly abused me with it... LOL. Dave would like to think that he takes advantage of it as well, but he just isn't capable. So last night, Bart does the old "what are you calling me with" a couple of times early on to a couple of guys at the table and I don't really remember the betting sequence, but the flop was something like....







My hand...





I'm not certain who bet first, but with about $300 or so in the pot, Bart moves all in with about $2,000 or so in front of him. Eli quickly calls for less and I don't really remember what caused me to make the call, but I did... now had this happened against Rick, it would have gone runner/runner Aces and I would have gotten nothing.... but as fate would have it, Rick folded.

As is the custom at this table, Bart flips his cards up and he has pocket Kings with second set... Eli turned his up as well and amazingly no one was on the flush draw. And I don't even remember Eli's hand, but I really liked the turn.

The turn...





Now I'm free-rolling for at least half the pot and guess what came on the river!

The river...





Sweet! The nut low and a straight and I scoop about a $6K pot... Bart was never the quite the same which is always a good thing.

Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: