Monday, November 03, 2008

The Other Big Hand was with Eli

One of the most difficult things in Omaha 8 is to have a big hand and have someone else have a hand with which they are willing to risk all their chippies... This wasn't long after the previous hand that I just blogged with Bart and Eli... and when Eli busted out of that hand, he re-bought for $5k. I'm the big blind and have these cards:









As always, in this game of $5/$10 Omaha 8 No Limit, there's a pre-flop straddle to $25 and I'm fairly certain that there was some sort of small raise. There's approximately $300ish in the pot. So, here somes the flop.






Not a bad flop, but if I bet, everyone folds so I want to try to let someone hit something or maybe even pocket sixes get a little wild and crazy. But unfortunately for me, it checks around the table to the button. The turn card:





Now I'm hoping that someone has pocket sixes or six/Jack and maybe even Jack/Jack... how sweet would that be! So I lead out with about $300 bet on the turn. The table folds to Eli who smooth calls. I really liked the Jack, but now if someone is holding pocket Jacks, they still have one out and at this table, they could even be drawing to a straight flush so we're off to the races.

The river:





I lead out with a $500 bet and Eli raises it to $1000. I re-raise all in and he struggles with it for a while but eventually makes the call. I thought that he would fold with 2 set of potential quads on the board, he had turned Jacks full.
Eli...




And I scoop another very nice pot. This, of course, is driving Rick and Bart crazy. You see, these are the hands that they normally catch.
Let the suck outs begin!

2 comments:

ftp_pirate said...

I'm probably over thinking this hand bc I really analyze this game so much but what made you even play such a hand in the first place. Its not a good H/L starter unless you're playing shorthanded but then again, there are some sick pots in that game...very sick.

Charles R said...

I absolutely agree, but the difference is, at this table, if and I mean "IF" your hand hits, you get paid! Logic goes out the window... as I have stated to my friends who want to join this game and on this blog many times, the good news and the bad news... this table will call you with anything, but even the "anything" will make runner/runner/nuts and if it is a big enough pot... it'll hurt. So be ready for the good and the bad... mostly the bad.