Monday, November 24, 2008

I Bet it All and I lost...


















Well, I actually "called" it all and lost... since Bart pushed and I just called, but I was pretty certain that I had like 54 outs... hmmm... at any rate, it didn't work out, for me, anyway...



Yep... it's late Juice, it's me, Bart and Ronnie in this particular hand. Bart had raised it about $50 pre-flop and the already short-handed table of 6 playing $5/$10 Omaha Hi-Lo all call....

I've got...












And here we go with the flop...










I know... I don't have anything right now, but I love this flop! This is the kind of flop that Rick will put all his chippies in the pot with and scoop it... and we all want to be like Rick! At any rate, Bartram leads out with a $100 bet and I almost pushed all in right there... but decided to see what Ronnie would do since he was behind me and I would love to catch the card without having to put all my chips at risk first. So... I just call and Ronnie calls.


The turn as is not normally the case at this game, is a brick...








I found out later that it actually was NOT a brick... so Bart pushes all-in and he has a huge stack as he has been making some big hands and catching cards most of the night - he has me and Ronnie covered. I've only got about $1200 or so but there's no low... any card above the 7 that doesn't pair the board gives me broadway and any diamond that doesn't pair the board gives me the nut flush... what the hell! It's late... I'm feeling froggy... I call! Bart starts showing his cards to everyone in the room (except me and Ronnie of course) and several people driving around the beltline stating that he is ahead... I said "I sure hope so 'cause that generally means that you're about the get poke-chopped!" Ronnie deliberates a few minutes (I was actually able to watch an episode of Lord of the Rings while I was waiting). He did lay it down and as it turned out, it was a good lay down as he had two pair and a worst flush draw and was basically drawing dead.


I'm not quite certain of Bart's fourth card, but I do remember the first three....









let's give him this one, since I can't remember....







And of course, unlike what would have happened if I had the top set and a heart draw against Rick or butt-head Dave... the river provides no help for me and Bart scoops all my chippies.


The River








Like I said, I bet it all and I lost... Nice!


Mikey! Mikey! Mikey!

No comments: