Wednesday, October 31, 2007

From Shinola to Shite

It was one of those nights last night at O8 No Limit where the Juice was betting all the come and they were all getting there.... He was so proud of himself too. He was quite cute.

Dean-o has been on a quite a roll lately too.... it certainly seems like most of his draws were getting there.

I had two big draw hands on the night, one got there, one didn't. The first one was against SuperPlaya and Tom. I flopped top set when the board came Kx, 9x, 6x. I put a bet out of about $65 or so and Shirkie, Tom and a couple other called. The turn brought in a second diamond and another low card. I figured it was time to run out the low draws so I bet $150 on the turn and SuperPlaya moved all-in for another $75 or so. Everyone folded to Tom and he smooth called so I pushed all-in and Tom called. SuperPlaya was posturing trying to get Tom to fold stating that he and I would make a deal if everyone folded. Somehow I just didn't feel like making a deal. I guess sometimes I can be hard-headed and then those other times, I'm sleeping. At any rate, with Tom in the hand, there was no chance of a deal. The river paired the board with another 9 and I scooped my biggest pot of the night. Close to $2K. I think it was actually $2400 before the rake... LOL.

The next monster hand that I flopped I was holding Ah, 2h, 2s, 4s when the flop came 4d, 7h, 8h. What a monster! Nut low and the nut flush re-draw. Rick checked and I bet about $100 or so into the $300ish pre-flop pot. Ron and Rick smooth called. I believe the turn was a harmless paint card and I bet another $150. Ron pushed all-in for another $100 or so and Rick and I both called. The river was a 3x and Rick quartered me and Ron with the second nut straight... Nice! I think that I was quartered about 6 times last night. How I managed to leave UP for the night, I have no idea.... oh yeah, Kings full of nines.... I remember!

Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: