Sunday, October 21, 2007

Saturday Juice & O8 NL

There were only a couple of outstanding hands for me last night.... other than the one that Rick quartered me in. The P"rick"....

The first came a couple of hours in. I had been trying to play premium hands and just wasn't catching any cards at all so when I find As, 2s, 5h, 6h on "my" straddle, I gently raise the $30 re-straddle by Elli another $50 or so. I guess the poker gods felt they owed me on because after getting 4-5 callers, the flop was rainbow 2x, 3x, 4x. Ye Olde Double-Nuts! Since I was UTG I decided to see if anyone else caught anything and check the first round and everyone checks. The turn is a harmless Queen so I decided to bump her up a little and bet $100 and Tom and one other person calls. The river is ANOTHER Queen and I push all-in and Tom calls. Tom flopped the wheel as well and I quartered him.

The next one came really late against the Juice. He makes it $60 to go on the flop and I've got Ah, 2s, Kh, 5h. I had many similar hands like this all night and almost never caught any kind of flop. At any rate, the flop is a similar one from last week.... 7h, 7x, 7x and it checks all the way around. The turn is the 6h and I bet a little and Dave pushes all in for about $2,000 or so and I immediately call. I just couldn't put him on any hand that scared me.... the river was a brick and I scooped the pot with nut-no-pair, AK. Sweet!

I lost a little but it was fun anyway. Unless of course, you ignore the complete lack of it!

Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: