Thursday, October 18, 2007

Tuesday Juice.....

It was a bizarre night with the Juice Tuesday night, partially because for about the first hour or two, there wasn't any Juice. Yep, the group started arriving around 8pm or so. We started playing around 8:30 and it was probably after 10pm before the Juice came down stairs. And even with Elli there, it was a quiet crowd and NO action. The biggest hand that happened before the Juice came downstairs was me doubling up Rick. The flop was Qx, Jx, 6(I think) and it checks to me. I've got pocket Jacks and make about a $60 bet and Rick raises it to $125. Well he only has about $200 more so I just put him all in and he turns over pocket Queens and rivers the case Queen for quads..... nice!


A couple of big hands later, I'm the big blind and it's late enough that the action is starting to get a little out of control. The Juice straddled the $5/$10 blinds to $30 and Elli straddled it to $60. I believe that Rick called, Chad called and I pushed all in for about $400 or so. Not that I thought that it was great, but I thought that it was probably good against Dave and maybe Elli.... my hand was a paltry Jc, Jd, 9s, 8s. Dave called and Elli called. The flop was 7d, 7h, 7s giving me a boat... sevens full of Jacks. A couple of the guys had told me they laid down a Jack or two so that meant the boat that I had probably wouldn't improve. It turned out it was way good and both Elli and the Juice began calling for low cards. The turn was a 6s and the river was the 10s giving the me the 10-high straight flush and no low got there..... scooper!


About 20 minutes later, after Dave had out-played me in a hand, I believe that we were in about the same sequence and I peer down to find A, A, 5, 6 double-suited. I smooth call and the Juice pumps it up to about $100 more and Elli called, Rick called and I believe that Chad called too. When it gets to me, I like my hand, but I only want to play it against 1 or 2 players, not Pharaoh's army. So now the pot has about $500-$600 in it so I push all in for about $1100 more. The Juice immediately folds... p#$%y. Elli struggles with it but makes the call and so does Rick. The flop was Q, 8, 8 and Elli pushed all in for about $3000 more. Rick made a crying fold thinking that Elli had a hand. It turns out that all Elli had was A, Q and no eight. Rick was pissed. And poor p#$&%y Dave.... he would have flopped Queens full! LOL. LMAO. Had Rick stayed in he would have made broadway and scooped the pot, but thanks to Elli's quick thinking (thank you very much), my two pair, Aces up, scooped one of the largest pots of the nights, about $3700 or so.


I stayed a little while longer, but I do have a day job, so I checked out with a tidy profit and left a table full of whiners behind. Especially the Juice!


Let the suck outs begin!

3 comments:

Rick said...

Um, we ALL have day jobs! Still, another nice 480 (police scanner code for felony hit and run) from the master! :-) I think that your new vanity plates should read "480CHUCK"...

Anonymous said...

LOL......

Charles R said...

You guys.... the only player who has more table time at the Juice's game than me is probably Rick. So, if you don't like it when I leave with a pile of chips, good! You're going to be unhappy a lot.