Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Double Nuts on the Turn = Getting Quartered on the River!

Yep... I had SuperPlaya (may have to change his name after getting his chips in when he was this far behind). I've got As, 2s, 6h, 9c.... not great, but in late position with a straddle, I at least wanted to see the flop. I forget who was the straddler, but when it got back to him, he raised it another $30. I believe there were about 5 callers so we've got a $300 pot pre-flop.

I liked the flop... 3h, 7h, 8s.... nut low with an open end straight... there were a couple of magic cards for me.... any non-heart 5 or 10 gives me double nuts.... The flop checks all the way around and there it is .... on the turn.... the black 5 giving me the double nuts. I believe it was Bart (may not have been but he bet every other time last night so it could very easily have been him).... one caller and it gets to me and it is time to take it down and get paid.... I push all-in. SuperPlaya calls and everyone else folds.... he turns over the Ah, 6x and another heart.... he has a crappy low and the nut flush draw. Suddenly when he sees what bad shape he is in, he breaks out the holy water and the beeds and begins whimpering about wanting the 2 of hearts. And of course, Corey.... flips up the river... the 2 of hearts. Now my nut low is the same as his shitty low... the A, 6 and he has the nut flush. I went from getting all the chips in on the turn with the double nuts to getting quartered on the river by the-not-so-super... SuperPlaya! Nice!
I'm sure that as he analyzes his play later... this one made perfect sense.

Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: