Monday, April 21, 2008

My Bi-Annual Suck Out Happened...

Well, it happened! Once... maybe twice a year, I actually put my money in behind and then suck-out to win the hand. Rick, Keith, Big Dave, the Juice, Joe, Dean... it happens for them 2-3 times a night.... but me, once every six months to two years... that's it!

It was against Rick on Saturday night over at the Juice's game.... We're playing O8 High ONLY since we're playing 3 handed... me, Rick and the Juice. I catch Qx, Qx, Jx, Kx pre-flop on the button and raise the mandatory $20 straddle to $70... Rick (on the big blind) insta-calls.... The flop is crap... 8x, 9x, 3x, if I remember correctly. Rick checks and I move all-in.... I've got $395 in front of me and the pot is $140 or so. Rick immediately calls and Dave starts saying that Rick had flopped top set... but it was almost just as bad as he had flopped top two pair.... the turn was a Jack.... now I've got even more outs... any King, any Queen, any Jack, any 3 and of course... any 10... and bingo, bango, bongo.... the 10x giving me the nuts... the King high straight. As soon as it hit I said... "Oh No.... " I knew immediately it was bi-annual suck-out and I really had hoped to use it on a really really big pot... But I guess it'll have to do for now....

Sorry Rick...

Hmm... Let the suck outs begin!

5 comments:

Charles R said...

I realized as soon as I posted this one that the comment that would get the most comment/laughter was the "once every six months to two years" .... you do realize that I meant that was how often I put my money in bad in a hand AND suck out.... I put my money when I'm in a bad situation much more often than that.... I just don't suck out.

Rick said...

Who's laughing? The fact is this is the first time ever I've seen you put money in any pot when you were behind. Seriously, you're one of the best players I've ever played against. Sometimes when people compliment me on my playing ability, I just shake my head sheepishly, blush, look longingly off into the distance and tell them "No, Charles is the real player."

I've learned so much from you over the years. So much, in fact, that I hope to keep playing against you for years to come.

Many, many years...

Charles R said...

Thank you Rick... your kindness and heartfelt expressions are once again only out-weighed by... well, practically everything.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Doesn't sound like A King-high straight in Omaha unless one of those "Xs" in your hand was a K

Rick said...

Sadly, Charles did in fact have a King. He didn't have a 10, however, so despite what he wrote, a King wouldn't have helped him. Of course, knowing Charles, he was probably thinking he could play the K-Q-Q in his hand for top two-pair... :-)