Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Monday @ PKR....

What a night! I arrived a little early since the family was using the Hurricanes tickets for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals. We had a full table by 7:30 and were playing. I was pretty aggressive and had won a couple of pots with good betting and good cards. There were several hands that warrant posts.....

1) John limps in on the button with pocket nines. I check the big blind with Jc, 10h. The flop is 9c, 8h, 7s. I check as there are several aggressive players at the table and someone bets a whopping $4. There are several callers including John and I raise to $23. A pot sized bet. Everyone folds except John. The turn is Kx and I bet $75 and John pushes all in for $8 more. The river pairs the King and we're off and running..... LOL. I guess it could have been worst and I definitely want that call...... I just don't want it to hit.

2) About 7-8 hands later, I get the As, Ah on the button. Little Eddie bets $11 and there are 2 callers so I raise to $24 content with taking the pot right there. Eddie pushes all-in and I try to act weak hoping for one more caller. Doesn't work. I call and Eddie hits a two outer on the turn with his Ks, Kh. Nice.....

3) This is more a series of hands than one hand that is significant. I'm late in the rotation with worms.... 3h, 3s. The small blind attempts to raise to $7, but fails to announce raise and the old 1 chip rule lets me see a cheap flop. The flop is 4h, 5s, 7c. The small blind mumbles something about letting me hit my straight or set and when the table checks around to me I giggle and flip in a bet of $11. The big blind reluctantly calls and everyone else folds. The turn is 10d. The big blind checks and I bet $24. He looks to be scared to death and after much deliberation, calls. The river is a Ks. The big blind checks and I bet $65 figuring that he had to fold anything at this point and after what seemed to be an eternity, he calls and flips over his set of 7's. Who would have thunk it!

At any rate, that hand is important because we've just consolidated tables and all the new guys got to watch me get called all the way down to the river with an under pair. Sweet! At any rate, the next hand I get Qs, Qh. I'm late in the rotation and after about 7 limpers, I raise to $16 and there are four callers. I flop is Qc, 8d, 6d. Check, Check, Check and a guy with about $250 in front of him bets $24 and I raise to $55. Everyone folds to the better and he calls. The turn is 2x and he bets $24 and I push all-in for about $125 more and he immediately calls. Sweet... He turns over pocket sixes and I know its hard to believe but he doesn't hit the one outer on the river.

Within a couple of hands, I limp in with Ah, 7h. The flop is 7c, 7s, 5d. The guy who just doubled me up bets $11 and I smooth call. There's one other caller and me and the turn is 2s. The same guy bets $45 and I come over the top for another $65 and it folds to the better who pushes all-in for a little bit more. The river is my ace and I show sevens full of aces..... Nice!

The only other hand of significance that happened after that was I had the Ad, Ks. The flop is Kd, 10d, 6d. There are about 6 ppl in and my buddy that has now almost doubled me up twice bets $12 and I really do love this flop. At any rate, I call and there are two callers behind me. The turn is 2c. The same guy bets $20 and me and the small blind calls. The river is the 9d. Both check and I bet $55 and the small blind pushes all-in for about $15 more. My buddy folds.... and I call and announce as Dave would like for me.... "Nuts, I guess I call!"

The small blind turns over the Queen high flush that he flopped and failed to protect. And yes, I can actually suck out on some one too. I love it when that happens!

No comments: