Monday, June 19, 2006

PKR Sunday Tourney $60/$25 Re-buy

Rick and I had planned on going over to Benson to try our luck with the larger game there, but some last minute Father's Day plans had me backing out so we both went to PKR. As it turned out, it worked out for both of us as we ended up chopping 1st and 2nd money. LOL. Nice!

There were a couple of standout hands for me.... the first was before we made the final table. I was dealing at the tightest table that I've played at in a while.... especially at PKR. I believe through the entire re-buy period that we had only two re-buys! Unlike the other table where Rick was playing, they had re-buys going like crazy! Jason alone had 12 RE-BUYS! Wow! At any rate, I was able to take advantage a couple of times to the very tight play going on at my table. Once was really, really lucky! I had As, Js in the big blind and raised the $50/$100 blinds to $700 and had one caller. The flop was not friendly to my hand, but I knew that if I bet, if he didn't have a monster, he would go away. The flop was 10h, 8h 5h. I bet another $700 and he called. The turn was the 3h and I immediately pushed all in with nothing buy spades in my hand and he folded! Whew! The other hand was with Ed Flush who as we were consolidating to the final table was a monstrous chip leader. He must have had $40,000 plus chips! At any rate, due to some circumstances with Tracey, I had been very aggressive with any, practically ANY kind of hand. In this particular hand, the blinds are up to $400/$800 and Ed raises to $1700 and I look down and find Ah, Ad. I mumbled something about .... "I don't think that I can just call!" and raised it another $4,000 to which Ed quickly calls. The flop is Qh, 8s, 6d. Ed checks and I push all-in. He calls and turns over Kd, Qd and fortunately doesn't suck out on me.... LOL.

No comments: