Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Tuesday @ Dave's....

Just as expected, I landed last night with a vengeance! I bought in for $200 and did some quick double-ups. Remember my goal for this week was to UNDO Dave.... LOL. I isolated him several times and he made some good folds to keep me from winning time with family members. But I still made a nice cash out to off-set him pummeling from last week. It was 2 days later before I got the taste back in my mouth from the severe trouncing that he administered to me on Thursday of last week.

There were a couple of significant hands ..... One, I broke my "internal rule" of never raising with top set in Omaha Hi-LO when there are two cards to the low on board. I had Queens and Kh, 9h in the big blind when the flop came Q, 8d, 6d. I checked and Mikey bet $35 from middle position. Everyone folds around to me and I have to decide whether I am going to play top set and how. I was hoping that he was betting middle set or bottom set with a possible low draw so I pushed all-in for about $400 (he only had about $100 more). He immediately calls and hits his open ended straight draw and he has the only low.... SCOOPER!

Another hand of interest was Hold 'em and I'm in the big blind with Ks, 10s. There's a $20 raise made by Dave in the small blind and I call along with everyone else at the table and two guys that were driving down the beltline. LOL. The flop is 10, 10, 7.... Bingo, Bango, Bongo! Dave bets $100 and I re-raise all in. Everyone folds to Dave and he calls with his pocket 9s. Sweet.... And good old Jarod (the dealer) managed not to stick it in me and break it off.....

I flopped top pair in another when I played Ah, Jh and the flop was J, 3, 3..... I lead out betting $8 and Rick raised to $30. Yes, I know that he had a 3, but he only raised he only raised $22. LOL. Definitely a hand that I can easily get away from if he overbets.

I heard that after I left Dave hit a gut shot straight flush to bust take down a medium sized pot from Jeff B....

I should probably give Dave blogging rights on here so we can get his perspective on some of these hands.....

No comments: