Saturday, March 10, 2007

Busted in 9th

I played very tight today.... trying to put myself in the best positions not to get sucked out on.... and as the saying goes.... "scared money is dead money!"

I don't know if I really played scared, I definitely played tight-aggressive, but I just didn't get any cards. I actually showed Joe Bob a huge lay down to Carl when I was in the big blind with 2 limpers and flopped trip fives with a 2 kicker. The flop was J, 5, 5 and I checked hoping someone would bet, nobody did. The turn put a club flush draw on the board and I checked again hoping that someone would bet, nobody did. The river was another club and Carl bets $2,000 into a $600 pot. It was a pretty simple fold for me although there was a chance that I was ahead. Carl showed a bluff.

The hand that finally did me in was against Joe Bob. He's the big blind and I limp with Kh, Jh and he raised another $2,000 (the blinds were $1,000/$2,000). I call and the flop is Kc, Jc, 7s. I lead out with a $4,500 bet and he smooth calls. The turn is another club so I push all in for another $5,000 and he calls. I turn over my two pair and he turns over pocket Queens with a Qc and of course the river is a fourth club giving him the winner with a four club board and the Qc in his hand.

Well, there you go..... I would have been sitting pretty with about $20,000 in chips and lose to Joe Bob with four clubs on the board! Nice!

Back to the felt!

No comments: