Monday, March 19, 2007

Sunday PKR Tournament - Good Turnout!

We had a very good tournament at PKR on Sunday with a full-table for the 60/25/25 tourney.... There were some amazing hands.... probably the biggest of the day was when Bob raised the $200/$400 blinds to about $1000 and Scott re-raised it to $2000 and Bob pushed all-in.... Scott immediately called... Scott turned over AK and Bob flipped As, 3s and proceeded to flop a 3 and then turn another one for trips to knock Scott out of the tournament..... I'd be willing to bet that Scott is still murmuring about that one..... Bob did the same thing to me just before the re-buys ended when I pushed pre-flop with AK and he called with 6c, 9c and flopped a 6..... nice!

But I'm sure that Mattrix is waiting to see if I blog a hand that quadrupled me up and paved the way for me to get the chip lead and ultimately chop the 1st and 2nd money with Ed Flush.... I probably only had 4 times the big blind with about $8000-$10000 and in middle position with only 4 players remaining I raised all-in with Qc, Jc... Ed called and Unc called and Mattrix re-raised all-in with pocket 10s... of course Ed and Unc folded and Mattrix isolated me but unfortunately for him.... ye olde Queen hit on the river! Wee!

Once Unc was eliminated, it was only a few hands before I picked up pocket 7s under the gun and raised the $1,000/$2,000 blinds to $8,000. By the time it got back around to Mattrix in the big blind, I could tell that he was contemplating a move and I could hardly wait to call his all-in with my pocket pair. He flipped over K, 10os and the 7s held up... Ed and I played another 15-20 minutes and decided to chop the remaining cash.

It seems like it has been months since I've won any races at all and it does feel good to get the old monkey off my back.... at least for a little while.

Back to the felt!

No comments: