Friday, March 16, 2007

Wild hands at MMC....

I went down to play in the $40 tournament at MMC last night and arrived early and played for a little while in the cash game.... There were 2 big hands in the cash game.....

The first one I was only watching.... but it was pretty wild. UTG raised the $1/$3 blinds to $30 and got 2 callers.... the guy to his immediate left and the button. The raiser and the guy to his immediate left were apparently pretty good friends as they bantered for several minutes before the guy actually called... talking about who's pocket pair was larger. Nice! At any rate, there's now a $94 pot and the flop comes 8, 8, 8. The original raiser made some comment about his pair and said I'll probably get called by some donkey playing A, 8 off-suit and moves all in for about $140 and his buddy deliberated for several minutes and then mucked. The button turned over Ah, 8h. LOL.

I played my button with the 2c, 6c to a $9 raise with 4 callers. The flop Qh, 3c, 4s and the big blind leads out with a $20 bet and there's 2 callers and I call. The turn is the 5h and the big blind leads out with a $30 bet and there are 2 callers and I raised an additional $59 and both guys call. The river is a blank and they both check to me and I bet $75 and get 1 caller and scoop it with the straight.

I was knocked out of the $40 tournament when I flopped broadway with Kd, Jh, but there were 2 diamonds on the board so I had no intention of slow playing. The lady to my left and the button were still in and they both had me covered. The blinds were $300/$600 so I made a pot-sized bet of $1900 and both called. Now I wish I had bet more to get the button to go away. I expected the lady to fold, but she ended up giving the button pot-odds with 2 crappy diamonds. At any rate, it was 180 degrees in there last night with no breeze except for the occasional fart which did little to relieve the heat and put this daunting green tint on everything, so I pre-turn committed to push after the turn regardless of the card. It's a diamond of course... so I push all-in for another $7000. The lady finally folds, but the button calls me for about half his stack with a 5-high flush. I figured he had a crappy flush and since I had the Kd in my hand, I thought that a big bet would make him go away. No such luck. And of course, unlike all the talented players who hit the four-card-board-flush against me, the river is a brick..... so I am east-bound and down and in search of some serious air conditioning.

Back to the felt!

No comments: