Saturday, March 03, 2007

PKR Friday Omaha PL

What a night! Over and over.... 2nd nut, 3rd nut, draws not getting there and pushes not holding up. There was an excellent crowd there.... 2 full tables till very late!

In one of the most amazing stretches, we're playing O8 six handed and I'm the big blind with J, J, 2, 3. The flop is J, 10, 10.... I'm out of position but I want to make some money on this hand so I just check. Rick checks and Tom bets the pot, $30. I think for a moment and decide against pushing hoping that Rick will call and wanting to give someone a chance to catch something.... I should have known better. I just call and Rick calls. I can't remember the exact sequence, but the cards were 9x (which I believe was the turn) and Ax. The turn checks completely around and I lead out with a $125 bet on the river. Rick re-pops it and against anyone else I probably re-pop, but I just call and he turns over AA and scoops the pot.....

The next hand happens just a few minutes later when I awake to A, A, 2, 3 with one suit. I raise the big blind to $20 and everyone calls. The flop is something like 2x, 6x, Jx and the small blind checks to me and I bet $100ish. The turn is the 8x and putting two clubs on the board for the small blind who bets the pot and I re-pot. Everyone folds to the small blind who calls and turns over the nut low (me 2) and he has an 8 and the club flush draw. He immediately says that he has the nut low with the flush draw.... and in my standard mode of operation last night... fully expect his flush to get there and for me to get quartered say..... "good luck with that"..... and amazing as it may seem..... no flush hits and quarter him with my nut low and pocket aces. I'm sure if it was Rick, it would have hit the flush. LOL.

At any rate, it was a pretty painful night for me..... but fun! We actually played most of the night and Joe and Mike D showed up around 4:00AM with bags of McDonald's food.... which was awesome! Thanks again guys!

I know... I can't believe I'm about to say it.... Back to the felt!

No comments: