Sunday, March 18, 2007

Saturday PKR - TIMELY HANDS!

There was one or two timely hands for me yesterday....... I was relatively short-stacked during the re-buy period and stumbled on to AQos in middle position. I limped hoping that there would be 1-3 other limpers but that someone would push. Sure enough... Brendan, I believe was his name. He was on the button and raised the $100/$200 blinds to $2000 which had me covered and I quickly called. There was a new guy at the game yesterday who had been pushing quite a bit and putting pressure on everyone at the table... unfortunately, he folded as did everyone else. Brendan turns over 8d, 5d.... nice! The flop held 2 queens and 2 diamonds.... well, it is poker! Unfortunately for Brendan, the turn was the 4th queen! There were a couple other hands where I knew that I was ahead of the new guy pre-flop but just limped to catch first.... in one big hand, I had AKos and the new guy raised to 3 times the big blind and I called and there were 1-2 other callers. The queen high flop missed me and he led out with a big bet and I folded. He showed AQ. Donkey! I re-played it several times, if I re-raise pre-flop, he calls and probably busts me there.

The hand that took me out of the tournament..... keep in mind that we've been playing over 2 hours and I never raised pre-flop once.... until this hand. The new guy was sitting there the entire time and had to know that I wouldn't raise without a premium hand. I wake up to pocket 10s and raise the $300/$600 blinds to $2200. Ed calls and the new guy deliberates for several minutes and pushes all-in. I tried to put him on a pair but kept coming back to AK or AQ.... Because I had not raised pre-flop and I felt that he had to know it, I almost folded. I also looked at Ed's stack and he was short stacked and I felt like he probably had a crappier ace than the new guy which means that my race was probably going to be against at least 2 overcards and maybe 3. I almost folded, but just couldn't lay it down when I knew that I was ahead. So I put the other $6200 in the pot and Ed quickly called. Ed flips AJ and the new guy flips AK.... and of course the king comes on the flop and no 10s show up. Fortunately I understand that the new guy went out in about 11th place....

I understand that Carl finished in the money again and is having a great series!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought that new guy was playing great