Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Tuesday Juice...

Well, it certainly didn't start off like the previous week with the Juice when in the very first hand there were 5 of us all-in pre-flop! Nice.... that will be hard to beat!

There were a couple of very nice hands for me. One of them, definitely the first time anything like this ever happened. We're playing $5/10/$15/$20 All-IN Omaha 8 No Limit... ok, not every time, but definitely once in a while.... it's $5/$10 O8 No Limit. I've got Qx, Qx, 10x. 10x. The flop.... 10x, 7x, 2x. I bet $85 at about a $120 pot. The Juice calls and so does Rick and Elli. The turn.... Qx! Wow! Nice! I flopped top set and turned top set! How often does that happen. I get so excited I push all-in and everyone folds. The river would have just forced a chopped pot between me and Rick. He always gives me crap about chasing crappy low draws and he laid down an un-counterfeit-able low draw.... thank you sir... it did not go un-noticed nor un-appreciated!

The other big hand came against Bill T and Big Dave... I've got the As, 2s, Jc, Jd. The flop is Jh, 10d, 6s. They check to me and I bet $50 into about a $50 pot (I know, I know, the Juice was away from the table... smallish pot). There are several callers including Bill T and Big Dave. The turn is the Kh. I bet $65 and Bill T raises it to $100 (I know, I know, you can't raise it to $100... you've got to make it $130, but it is his first night out in weeks!) He corrects the raise and Big Dave and I both call.... The river is a magical Qc... turning my top set from the flop into the nut straight. I push all-in and after approximately an hour or so, for some reason I think that Bill T has folded. He mumbles something about being ahead and I turn over my set of Jacks stating that I was ahead the entire time. He thinks that all I have is a set, corrects me, that he hasn't folded and calls my all-in bet with his 9x, Qx straight. I've got him covered with about $1600 in front of me. He only has about $1400 and I scoop all his chips from the side pot and Big Dave and I chop the main pot! Sweet! He will probably never truly recover.... LOL.

Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: