Monday, November 26, 2007

Weekend Poker

Well it was an eventful weekend of poker for me.... It started Friday evening as I was on my way to play in Cary only to find out on the way that due to the holidays, the game was cancelled. I received a call about 9:30 or so from John M that they were playing O8 Pot Limit and I was invited. So after the Canes comeback on Fox Sports I was off to Cary. If I remember correctly I was all-in 3 times in the first four hands..... It was a fun, but painful night as 4 different times I lost with second nut high and my low didn't earn me any of the pot. There were two particularly painful hands. Once I flopped Kings full of queens only to play it perfectly only to find out that one of my opponents flopped quad queens! Whee! The other big hand was against John M when I turned second nut flush and he turned nut flush ----- how do you say "bye-bye to about $900 in one hand?" But again, it was fun, clean, well-run and a great group of guys....


The good news is that Saturday with the Juice helped me recoup my losses from Friday night. There were a couple of big hands ---- early on against Bill T ---- who is one of the nicest guys you'll meet, but he even whispers loud. I am constantly asking him to use his inside voice! LOL. Well, the hand.... I've got Ad, 2d, 7s, 7s ---- the flop 3x, 4x, 7x (yep, it was what my inner voice was calling for.... the pot was straddled pre-flop and raised pre-flop so when I get smacked in the face with this monster there is about $200 or so in the pot already. I lead out with a bet hoping there are a couple of guys who are playing some kind of low and sure enough I get 3 callers including Bill T.... the turn is a suited 8 so I bet about $200 or so and everyone folds except Bill T. The river was the magic ---- another 4. I immediately push all-in and Bill T calls and I scoop the pot. Sweet!


The other hand was Elli's last hand of the night ----- I've got Ax, 2x, 4x, 6x and the flop comes 6, 6, 4 - Elli leads out with a $90 bet and everyone folds to me so I just call... The turn is an 5 and Elli pushed all-in for about $800 or so. I immediately call and turn over the nut/nut ---- He's got a 6 and higher cards which means he could hit a better boat, but it doesn't and he throws all his chips down to my end of the table....


Oh, one more hand... I've got 3s, 4d, 5d, 6s and the flop was Ad, 2d, and everything else was kind of a blur.... I lead out with a pot sized bet and Rick smooth calls along with a couple others.... The turn "horns blaring" 3d giving me the steel wheel... I lead out with about $125 and everyone folds....


Oh... one more... we just played a hand which had 2 fives on the board. I've got 5x, 5x, 9x, 10x and fold pre-flop to a re-raise. The flop is 5x, 8x, Jx and Rick leads out with about a $100 bet and gets two callers.... the turn, the case 5... Quads! Damn it Jim! And of course, Rick goes all-in on the river with one caller and no low! Fortunately, Michael got to see my cards so that my heartbreak could be verified.... I probably would have folded on the flop with the bottom set to Rick's big raise anyway, but you never know.... I'm normally in the donkey mode! One thing for certain, had I seen the turn I would have scooped a big pot ---- probably about $4K if I was in too.


Oh well.... Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: