Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cary O8 Pot Limit

It was the first time in a couple of weeks that I have played in Cary and it was a juicy night.... All the usual suspects plus a couple of new guys "to me" anyways.... Daniel, who I gathered plays mostly online and Theron (sp.?) who came in late and I only played a few hands with before I cashed out... There was one monster pot, the biggest pot of the night before I left anyways. And it was sort of interesting in that I was in late position with Ad, 2c, 4d, 6c when I believe two guys managed to get all of their chips in pre-flop (I think it was Super Playa and Chad). They only had about $100-$150 so from late position with a stack of chips in front of me it was a pretty easy call. The flop missed me completely, but by the time it got to me Big Dave was all in and now it's just another $165 to see the turn. The flop was Kh, Jd, 5s. I know it's runner/runner, but (as Rick pointed out earlier in the evening), I did have a flush draw on the flop. So I call and the turn is a low diamond. Now I've got all kinds of outs.... I think it was the 4d. There is a bet from someone (it was all kind of running together at this point) of about $150 and I can't wait to get my chips in the pot. This pot is up around $2800 or so and there's like 4 people already all in. It checks to me and I over bet hoping that someone will think that I missed and am trying to steal it.... no such luck. Everyone folds. Still, a very nice pot. If I had it to do over again... I probably would have bet about $500 or so to see if someone else had anything. Oh well... next time... which is tonight by the way.....

poker with the juice....

Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: