Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tuesday Night High Stakes Poker....

LOL. That's what it has turned into anyways. I know that "High Stakes" is all relative but with the recent crazy action from Eli, the Juice, et al (just for you Chad), we're getting close.

Let me give you an example.... the last couple of hands: I probably have about $1500 or so in front of me and my hole cards are Qh, Qd, 3h, 3s.... there's a straddle pre-flop of $30 and it is raised to $75 with 5 callers. The flop Qs, 10s, 6h. Eli leads out with an $85 bet and gets 1 caller and I push all-in for about $1350... Rick says "Here's a gift" and pushes in about $800-$900 and of course Eli calls. Everyone else folds and I'm not happy about the callers. I was really just hoping to isolate Eli. My hand is very vulnerable especially against 2 players. Rick turns over 2 spades and some sort of funky straight draw that somehow doesn't get there. Eli doesn't show and my set holds up! Nice...

The last hand of the night.... everyone who just busted out in the hand with me buys in for $1k and somehow Rick and Eli get them all-in pre-flop. About a $2500 pot or so and Rick scoops it with 2nd Nut-No Pair ... Ax, Qx.

Well, there you go....

Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: