Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

Well, I've heard of "all-nighters" before, but this was pretty unbelievable.... First of all, I went down to the Omaha 8 Pot Limit to donk off my usual amount and played till about 3 in the morning on Friday night.... got into bed around 5am or so and got up at 8:30am... about 2-3 hours sleep. Nice! Have a normal Saturday and then show up at the Juice's game around 7pm Saturday night to play Omaha 8 No Limit.... the absolute craziest action game that I've ever been a part of in my life! There have been 2 times out of the last 5 games that on the very first hand with $500 buy-ins in front of each player... practically every one at the game is all-in pre-flop! So there you go.... need I say anymore?

Well, this was not an unusual start.... the Juice busted out the other four players at the table TWICE each in the first half hour. One of the bust-outs happened in one hand for practically everyone there! The Juice really likes it when he (he gets just as excited about it when someone else does it too) takes every one's chips at the table in one hand and everybody else has to re-buy.... he just loves it! This night was going to be special.... I could tell!

So somewhere around 4 or so the Juice has to leave for some family holiday crap and the entire table does NOT want to quit... so after much tongue-lashing (which I think he thoroughly enjoyed) he agreed to let me deal and let the game carry on.... so on we played.... and played.... and played.... we dropped the first guy around 4pm on Sunday! The game finally broke up around 7pm Sunday evening.... I know you've got stories of longer games, but this one was my record.... only one other time came close for me. Rick and I continued playing at Corey's house one night from a 9pm start, the rest left somewhere around 5am and we wrapped up with a horrible boat against boat hand in heads up hold'em at 4pm the next day! We're junkies! What can I say....

So I get a call from the Juice this afternoon telling me that not only can I not play poker, but I can't count either... the bags short. So we're getting together today to figure exactly where the "missing" dollars are.... I didn't tell him yet that our last hand of the night... we took half the rake and played one hand of O8 Showdown....

We didn't really, but we did talk about it.... so till next time ---- let the suck outs begin!

No comments: