Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Early Sunday Morning Juice..... 2nd Nut/2nd Nut

Normally when you say 2nd Nut/2nd Nut in an Omaha 8 game it means you don't get any money from the pot.... this, however, was an exception.

It's around 4:30am or so and the table has dwindled down from a 7-8 person game to the 4 hard-cores... me, Tom, the Juice and Rick. Tom is very short-stacked. I know its only a matter of a few hands before we quit and I want to get it all in and double up or dump it and get the hell out of Dodge... usually it's the latter. I believe that Tom is the button or the small blind and someone straddled it up from the $5/$10 blinds to $30 or so and when it gets back to Tom he pushes the rest of his stack into the middle. I call the approximate $150 or so as does the Juice and I believe that Rick struggles with it a minute or two and then folds.

I'm not in love with my hand, but it doesn't really suck. Here it is:







The flop:






The flop is very kind to me, but I can tell that the Juice is going to bet or die and since I'm ok with either one... I check and sure enough the Juice makes this 2-3 minute speech about how he is going to do the right thing and although he probably cannot win, he'll make a big bet to isolate so that Tom can win and he bets $350. Now what to do with 2nd Nut/2nd Nut - WWRD? (what would Ron do?).... no, I don't think I can fold.... so I push all-in. I am thinking that my King high flush is good and there's a strong possibility that if the low comes and doesn't counterfeit my Ace/Three that I'll quarter him and maybe even scoop. I'm not sure of Tom's hand and he could easily have Ace/Duece. The Juice goes into his think tank (it won't take him long in there, it's only about 3-4 inches deep and the water smells like crap) and turns over his Jack high flush having persuaded himself that I was on a low draw. He calls my $600plus bet. He has no low and no pairs (drawing dead).... anti-free-rolling..... I love it when a plan comes together.....

The turn and the river were harmless....






Tom mucked and I scooped another nice pot.....

Whee!

Rick counseled and consoled the Juice for several minutes as he watched me gather in his chips. These two should really get a room... wait... they did go into the Juice's office as soon as the game broke up.... Hmmm....

Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: