Thursday, March 27, 2008

Last Hand Triple Up....

You can't ask for much better than that.... I only wish I had more $$ at the time... it was late, we're playing our usual $5/$10 No Limit Omaha 8. Most of the crew have checked out and we're really down to just 4 of us.... me, Bill T, Ron D and Rick. I have a little around $550 or so in the big blind and peer down to find Ah, Ac, 7h, 8c. Rick had straddled for $20 and when it got back to him he raised it another $100... Bill is short-stacked and I know is going to call and Ron wouldn't play for that much pre-flop if he had the other 2 aces and a hand gun... (which he might actually have). At any rate, I push all in for about $400 more and Bill T quickly calls for less and once Ron had looked at each card individually again and given more than adequate thought to it, he folded and Rick quickly called. As is the case, I turn my cards up since everyone is all-in. I don't recall all of Bill T's cards, but I do remember the 2x, 5x because he flopped two pair. The flop was 2x, 5x, 9x... the turn was another 9 which temporarily wounded Bill T's two pair as it gave me Aces and nines and amazing as it may seem... my two pair held up. If you're going to triple up, the best time to do it is the last hand of the night! Whee!

Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: