Sunday, March 02, 2008

Mikey? Hit me one time... would you?

Well, that was how this hand got started.... I have been on one of the most card dead nights that I have seen in quite some time. Other than the previous night in Cary.... I think I've only won a couple of pots in about 3 hours and I believe one of them was quartered. And the Juice has had pocket Aces 7-8 times already that he has shown and if that's not outrageous enough, he flopped or turned a set of deuces 4-5 times and scooped most pots with them. Nobody can drive pocket deuces like the Juice!

At any rate, I've got a decent hand... not great, but better than what I've been seeing and the Juice is to my immediate left. I'm the big blind and he has straddled the $5/$10 blinds to a straight $25 and when it gets back to him, he raises it another $90 and there are 4 callers.

Here's my hand:






Yes, I know, it's not great... but again, it's late, I'm tired, Rick and the Juice have gone out of their way to piss me off so I'm ok with going home a loser tonight -and- I've got suited duck butter. I've got about $600-$700 in front of me and I want to see the flop. So I nudge Mikey and say "Hit me one time, would you?" and proceed to pour my $90 into the pot.

The flop isn't perfect, but I do like it... which translates to I'm probably not drawing dead. The flop:






Middle set, a wheel draw, a steel wheel draw and of course the possibility of quads! I think I like it!

Big Dave bets all-in for $160, I call and the Juice raises it to $350. Everyone else folds and it gets back to I check and I call ---- I'm thinking that even if Big Dave has the wheel I can still make money by scooping the Juice with the right card or two.... right, wrong or indifferent, I'm not folding so I push all-in for another couple hundred and the Juice and Rick call... I say "and Rick" because one of the Juice's worst habits is continually showing his hand to the people who sit around him unaware that they are learning from that knowledge all about his tendencies and betting habits. I know, I shouldn't be "tapping on the aquarium" but I've used big enough words that even if can struggle through reading it, it won't sink in. So I turn up my hand and Big Dave turned up his hand... I don't remember his cards but I'm pretty certain that he was drawing dead.....

Oh, let's get back to Mikey and the rest of the cards..... the turn:






Nice ---- Quads! Now the only thing that could possibly make this hand any better would be the four of spades. I have no luck... no four of spades, but I did get.....



Giving me Quads and the wheel.... a nice little scooper!
And Juice, if you'll call me, I'll help you with the big words.....
Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: