Saturday, March 22, 2008

Full Table in Cary last night...

We had a couple of new comers to the game and had a full-table early! I was watching UNC at home on the big screen and got there a little late and Joe had to give up his seat so that I could play... There were a couple of big hands for me.... I think the biggest pot of the night for me was against Akash. There was a pre-flop straddle and Akash raised it. I flopped the nut low draw/nut flush draw and he flopped a set of Queens. He bets the pot and there are a couple of callers. The turn brought in my nut low and we both checked. The river was another club and he pushed all-in for about $500 or so and I quickly called with nut/nut.

One of the last hands of the night for me was against one of the new guys.... I had a maginal hand and was feeling a little squirly... so I raised it up about $20 pre-flop. There were a couple of callers....

My hand:





I've had much better hands earlier and didn't raise with them and there were a couple of instances where I had A, 2 or even A, 2, 2 and got screwed on the flop.... who knows why these wild hairs come over us, I'm certain it is just poor play manifesting itself... at least in my case.

The flop:



From early position, I lead out with a $60 bet and our new players re-raises all-in. He has been over-playing 2 pair all night and with the nut low and re-draws I'm definintely not folding.... He's only got about $120 more as Theron had just taken a monster pot off him from way behind to river a better 2 pair, but that's another story....

The turn and the river:





He turned over his two pair and I made another nut/nut with nut low and the high straight! We're now down to about 4 players and decide to call it a night....

Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: