Friday, April 20, 2007

Friendly Night of Poker

Well, we got together with some friends for a friendly game of poker. Pretty low stakes relatively speaking... no rake, I furnished the drinks and we all chipped in for the pizza.... it was kind of nice. Yeah! Too damn nice!

The biggest hand of the night was in Omaha 8 with 3 of us chasing the gold ring. I've the As, 3c, 6c, Qs and the flop is 2s, 5s, 8h. Since we're playing pot limit $1/$2 blinds. The pots are pretty slow to grow but this hand was a little different. One of our friends brought in a new guy and he was really new, I don't think he'd ever played O8 before and my guess is that this will probably be his last time. Because on the turn, he hit his card to give him a straight and pushed all-in with his remaining $20 or so. Jim called and I called. Then the river delivered my nut flush, but counterfeited my 3 but it did give me the nut flush with a live Ace. I'm figuring that worst case scenario, a big push on my part will probably quarter either Jim or the new guy and best case scenario, I scoop. The pot is about $80 or so and Jim deliberates, thinks... none of those are really good descriptive words of what Jim was doing... he was wasting time so I called the clock. LOL. He finally calls and I scoop.

We didn't play very late, but it was a lot of fun. We played some of the old games too. Kings and little ones. Screw your neighbor. Baseball. And even a couple hands of Boo-ray! Nice!

I was the big winner although compared to most of the games I play, it was about like winning or losing one pot. LOL. We'll definitely do it again.

I did run into 2 straight flushes late that lowered my winnings some, but it was worth it..... anytime you have five of a kind and lose.... that's a good night!

No comments: