Monday, April 16, 2007

Midnight Madness on Full Tilt

So I entered the Midnight Madness tournament late last night on Full Tilt with the idea that it would be a good way to end a night and make my eyes tired enough to fall asleep at a normal hour for once.

Well...that was the plan anyway.

1,096 people entered.

When we were down to two tables I had one big hand where I had JJ. There was an all in by a short stack followed by a smooth call by a big stack. I go all in hopinng to isolate the shorty but I end up getting ANOTHER caller and the shorty and the original caller. Now Im feeling really bad about my jacks. When the cards are flipped I am up against an assortment of over cards...but no pairs. I think there was AK, AQ, QK...i guess they used up enough of each others outs that my Jacks actually held up - This gave me a decent stack and I went in to the final table 3rd in chips.

With 5 of us left I got in to a big hand with the chipleader. I had QQ on a J high board and he laid down his smaller pocket pair to my eventual all in. This hand made me the chipleader with 5 left.

Down to 4 handed I lost some chips with my 88 against KK which I think I lost the minimum on, but this brought me to 2nd in chips.

Down to 3 handed I had a chance to knock a guy out...K10 on a board of KQx...he bets, I go all in and he calls with Q and a flush draw and hits his flush on the river. This knocked me down to 3rd in chips, but then the guy who is second (who just hit his flush) gets knocked out just a few hands later.

I go to heads up with about 250,000 in chips. Chip leader has 1.2 million. On the very first hand in the small blind I smooth call with 88 hoping he will push. He does with A3. I call. He wins. Its over.

I cash for $1300.

Finally got to bed around 5 am, but I guess it was worth the nice payday.

1 comment:

Charles R said...

Congratulations! Very nice!