Thursday, April 19, 2007

Omaha 8 & Hold'em

Three big hands....

The first one came rather early against Jimmy.... there was a little pre-flop raise and with me holding A, A, 4, 5... I almost re-popped it, but didn't. The flop brings a K, K, 10 so no low, but the betting checks all the way around. The turn was a beautiful Ace! Nice. So I lead out with $10 bet, just something to build the pot. There's only one caller.... Jimmy. The river is a brick! I bet $75 and Jimmy re-pops it all-in. He only had another $100 so although I felt that I was dead to his quads, I made a crying call and said... "Someone get him the monkey." And sure enough, quad kings.

By the way, it was about this time that I told Rick. "You know, I was thinking and I don't know that you have really been that lucky. It's just that I have been horrifically unlucky!"

The next big hand came against Juice, Eli & Tom. We're playing hold'em and I'm holding A, Jos. There was a straddle by the Juice to about $10 and I think there were about 6 callers. When it gets back to the Juice, he pops it another $50. Eli calls and I have a strong suspicion that I am ahead so I push all-in for another $300ish. Everyone folds to the Juice so swears he laid down pocket Queens. I still don't believe that one. Eli thinks for a few seconds and he calls. I really would have been happy just to take down the pot right there. Everyone else folds and I show my A, J and Eli turns over Kd, 10d. The flop brings all low cards and the turn in the river doesn't improve Eli's hand.

The next big hand was my last hand of the night. I've Ac, 3h, 5h, Kh. There's a $25 straddle by the Juice and most of the table calls. The flop is absolutely beautiful! 2h, 7h, 8c. The Juice immediately pushes all-in and I take no time at all to call with my nut low (with a pretty good back-up low) and my second nut flush draw. Tom deliberates for some time and eventually makes the call. Juice has us both covered and I was actually the short stack with exactly $600 remaining. The juice turns over A, A, X, X, but with no low and only the Ace of hearts. Tom has a set of sevens and a straight draw and again no hearts. I'm really liking my hand. Unfortunately Tom ends up making a straight and my nut low holds up. A nice way to end the night.... although somehow the Juice got his panties in a knot and starting whining about me cashing out after winning a big pot. Music to my ears!

Back to the felt!

No comments: