Friday, February 01, 2008

Solid Night

So I went and played last night and played well. Not great, not bad (relatively speaking) just pretty solid. I was easy to bluff last night, I'll admit that but I was also able to pull some off. You see I'm know for playing an extremely wide range of hands. As long as I have two of them, I'm willing to raise or reriase. That's all change now b/c back then I could really play my game and push people off hands. Not anymore. I'm going to get callers no matter what so now I just play like a nit and try to feel my way around after the flop. It worked very well for me last night. We were in about 15 or 16 hands, two rounds and I'm in the small blind with a limp pot. I bump it up to $8 (4x BB) with AA and get 4 callers. I was really hoping for a reriase but that's how it goes. The flop comes out QQJ. Now usually I would do a continuation bet here to find out where I'm out but I check and H (the Mad Man himself) bets out $30. Everyone folds to me. Surprisingly I was able to lay that down with little thought. Yeah I stalled for a minute to make sure he had a Q and asked him, he gave an odd response so I knew he one then and showed him my As and he showed QJ, the nuts. I'll give H credit for betting there b/c typically he would get called by everyone b/c he plays so crazy. Later in the night/early this morning we started playing some NLO8 when I had a nice pot that I left some money on the table on. I have Ks10c3s5c and raise it up $12 utg, Pro goes all in for some small amount and 3 others calls. Flop comes AsJs4c, Coach bets I call. Turn is a Jc, small bet and I call. River comes a 2s, and then out of no where Coach bets $200 and I insta call thinking its a split pot, me low him high when he actually shoved with the wheel and got quartered thinking he was scooping the entire pot. I was sitting at $300 and could have had a few more dollars out of him. So I take down 3/4 of a nice pot but as the night when on I started to chase a few times when I shouldn't have and missed out on a few nut/nut draws that ended up losers. I was able to put together a solid will, paid of the house and crushed Wingding at some Ginn. Oh yeah, it was also fun last night b/c we only had enough for 1 table so I got up to let a player sit since I know that I'll stay to the morning and he'll leave earlier and got up a Ginn game and a Rummy game. That was so much fun. We didn't have any money on it, just $5 to say there was something in play but I'm thinking that we might e getting some side table action of Ginn or Rummy going. Sweet! If only I knew how to play Chinese poker, then we could really have some fun!

No comments: