Wednesday, October 19, 2005

For Dave... My AA vs. his 4h - 8h

You have to understand that Dave... well, he's no mere mortal. He loves to gamble, he loves to bet and he'll play suited connectors like pocket rockets. Well, this particular hand took place in August of 2005 at a local home game. The game is no-limit Texas hold 'em and the blinds are $2/$4 with a max buy-in of $200. I'm in early position and look down to find AA... I raise to $16 - happy just to take the blinds but then there's Dave..... everyone else folds and the action gets to Dave who is in late position. Dave raises to $40. Everyone folds between me and Dave and I re-raise All-In, approximately another $180 or so - perfectly happy to take the $$ that are in the pot right then. Well, the action gets to Dave and he turns over 4h-8h and calls. Apparently the pot odds made sense. The flop produces 2 hearts and he rivers the flush. What can I say! Dave is definitely... the Man!

I almost quit poker that night... at least till the next time.

No comments: