Tuesday, October 11, 2005

OK.... the other K - 10 Suited hand....

It was about 3-4 weeks ago at the best poker house in the area (at least, my opinion). There were about 10 players in a $2-$4 No Limit Hold 'em game with a $400 max buy in. Again, mostly good players with a couple of very aggressive players at the table. I was up about $450 at the time when I got Kh-10h on the button. There were several callers and I called the $4 when it got to me and the big blind raised it to $18. There were a couple of quick callers and then one of the more aggressive players raised it to $40. The guy right behind him went all in for straight $95. There was one caller and I figured I was dominated, but it was getting close to my time to go home anyway so I called. The big blind raised it all in for another $200 and the guy right behind him called and that put him all in. LOL. Now there's about $750ish in the pot and it'll cost me another $200 to see the flop. I laugh and after much deliberation, I call. Everyone turns their cards over. The big blind has Ks-10s, another guy has an Ad-Jd and the fourth guy has Ac-7c. We're ALL on a flush draw and the flop brings me two hearts without pairing anyone else. So the turn is my 5 to the flush and everyone else is drawing dead! LOL. I know, you all want to know where I play. Email me and I'll give you the details.

1 comment:

Surgesilk said...

While not technically a bad beat... it is a heart breaking tale. While playing on Poker Stars today in a 1 table $50+5 NL HE tourney...I call a smallish preflop raise holding Kc,Jc. The flop comes Ac,Qc,10c. Yep. I flopped the ultimate nuts. As two people bet into the pot ahead of me, my gonads grow tight with prospect of taking down a huge pot. As I am about to call (just call mind you, hell maybe someone will make a smaller straight flush!), my connection goes down... a Time Warner repair person outside on the box disconnected me because a previous tech put my line into the test slot...whatever that means. I am down for 5 minutes while he checks to make sure I am not an illegal hookup. My hand gets folded... where is the justice in this world? That was my first flopped Royal Flush ever.