Monday, October 17, 2005

A-K, my mortal enemy....

I played on Sunday in the $120 buy-in tourney at my favorite local poker establishment and was still about even for the day when we consolidated to one table. I had accumulated about $6,000 in chips (we started with $4,000). I drew Ah/Kh and while it looks beautiful, I've lost a lot of tourneys with AK so I made a small raise of about $500 (blinds were $100/$200) rather cautiously from early position. As it gets near the blinds, another guy, Ed Flush, pushed all in and he has me covered by just a couple of hundred $$. I am pretty certain that I have him dominated so I call. He turns over A/10 off-suit and looks beat already. The flop comes K, J, 7. Now I'm even in better position as his only outs are a Q for a straight or runner/runner tens. Unforunately the turn is a Q and he now has me dominated. My only hope is a 10 to split with him on the river and that doesn't happen. So I had get up and tell him what a wonderful play he made and move over to the cash game table..... Next time.....

2 comments:

Surgesilk said...

Sounds like a tough trip!

Surgesilk said...

The Anna Kournikova, it looks pretty but never wins =)