Monday, October 10, 2005

I won! $120 buy-in....

It's a small Texas Hold'em tournament with 15 typically pretty good players. I was especially excited about winning this one as when we narrowed the field down to 6 players, I was the short-stack with blinds at $600-$1200 and I had only $2100 remaining in chips. There were several big hands that led to my victory but THE hand transpired as follows: Blinds are now $1000-$2000 and although I have a slight lead in chips, they are fairly evenly distributed at this time. I'm the button and call the big blind for $2000. The small blind folds and the big blind re-raises $5,000. I've got Ks-10s (a hand that has proven very profitable for me over the past few weeks, I may even post another story about this hand) and after a few seconds of deliberation, call. The flop is Ah, 10d, 3s. The big blind checks and I check. This makes me think that if he had an ace, an ace with any kicker, he would bet, but he checks, so I check. The turn is the Ac. He immediately moves all-in with another $8,500 in chips. I measure out my chips and realize that I'll have about $10K in chips even if I call and lose. But my thinking is that he doesn't have an Ace or he would have raised on the flop because of the straight draw that was there so now with the second Ace on board, I have top two pair with King kicker. I call and he flips over pocket deuces. Yee haw. The river is another 10 so I take the pot with a boat, 10's full of kings, and the tournament as I had the other guy about 10 to 1 in chips and we chopped. So there you go, I hope you enjoyed it as much I enjoyed telling it.

No comments: