Thursday, October 27, 2005

Why do the poker gods reward stupidity?

Last night, PKR, $1/$2 no limit... two young guys enter, I've seen them before and have never been impressed. I'm playing a little conservative, but more aggressive than normal since we're a little short-handed. I look down to AA so I raise to $17. One of the two guys calls and the flop comes Qh, 7c, 2s. I bet $20, he re-raises $20 and I call. You got it, he flopped 2 pair, Q,2. Don't get me wrong, I want this guy to call with that for the rest of his life. I just don't want him to get rewarded for it.

A little later, similar circumstances. I've got AA and raise pre-flop. The flop comes A, J, 4. I bet $25 and he pushes all-in. I call of course and he turns over J, 4. Unless he has a gun, he's not taking any of the cash out of this pot.

Oh well. Let's see what happens tonight......

No comments: