Thursday, October 20, 2005

Jeff's Poker Stars - Royal Flush!

This was such a great story that I thought that it warranted a post rather than just a comment. Have a read.....

Surgesilk said...
While not technically a bad beat... it is a heart breaking tale. While playing on Poker Stars today in a 1 table $50+5 NL HE tourney...I call a smallish preflop raise holding Kc,Jc. The flop comes Ac,Qc,10c. Yep. I flopped the ultimate nuts. As two people bet into the pot ahead of me, my gonads grow tight with prospect of taking down a huge pot. As I am about to call (just call mind you, hell maybe someone will make a smaller straight flush!), my connection goes down... a Time Warner repair person outside on the box disconnected me because a previous tech put my line into the test slot...whatever that means. I am down for 5 minutes while he checks to make sure I am not an illegal hookup. My hand gets folded... where is the justice in this world? That was my first flopped Royal Flush ever.

No comments: