Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Crap I've Seen....

I was playing in a small tournament on Sunday in Cary and got to see some scary stuff! This one particular hand.... oh, the tournament, $60/$25/$25, you get $3,000 in chips and the re-buys get you an additional $2,000 (anytime your chip count falls below $2,000) and the add-on gets you an additional $5,000 in chips. At any rate, I think we're down to five players and the flop comes Jd, 8d, 7d and there's a raise, a re-raise and an all-in. They turn over their cards.... one guy has Kd and I don't remember the other card, but it wasn't a diamond. The young man to my immediate left had flopped the Queen high flush and with the Qd, 9d and immediately began calling for the 10d. He must have known from experience what was about to happen. The turn brought the Ad and of course the river brought the 10d.... Straight Flush! Whee!

Hand 1:



Hand 2:

as suspected... the 2nd card didn't matter!

The Flop:



The Turn:




The River:


At any rate, you know with that kind of luck floating around that I didn't last long...

Back to the felt!

No comments: