Friday, May 11, 2007

O8 - Juice-less night....

Except for one hand.... yep, he came right in bought in for $400 and helped Rick quadruple up.... with a slow roll so slow that it was almost mucked. Yep, just played the one hand and left. Oh well... hopefully Rick will log in and tell you all about that one.

Well, it was one of the worst nights that I've had in a quite a while.... it just seemed like everyone's hand got there and if there was a card that could come that would cost me money, it did! I was quartered about 1/2 dozen times and lost to 4 bigger boats. I flopped only about 3 sets all night and guys with two pair would make better boats. Turned the nut straight twice and had a low get there that quartered me again.... Oh well, maybe we should have a spelling contest!

Oh, I just remembered one MONSTER..... I don't remember how the original betting went, but it was probably $10-$15 straddle with 5 players. I'm in late position with Ah, 2d, 7h, 8d.... not great, but I definitely want to see a flop with it..... The flop 4s, 5c, 10h. It checks to me and I bet about $50 into the $60 pot. There are 4 callers. The turn is 9h .... I bet about $90 and there are 2 callers, Bill and Elvie. The river is another 4... so not my monster hand on the turn has turned into a great big 'ol pile of crap. Flopping nut low draw and turning an open ended straight and the nut flush draw.... and neither get there. Bill leads out with a bet and we all fold.

Well that's poker!

Back to the felt......

No comments: